View Single Post
Old
11-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
If only it made sense. Therrien somehow managed to paint a picasso by chance last year with the same crayolas? Pretty clear he's losing control.
Not too earth shattering based on the fact that coaches have always more success in the first years of their coaching time and then it regresses from then. Only the real great ones don't work in that mode. Though, even the great ones need great team first. Would Quenneville be great if he wasn't in Chicago? Would Babcock be awesome without the infamous Datsyuk-Z-Lidstrom he had in the past and the awesome work by Holland? The incredibly great Scotty Bowman....incredible in Montreal and Detroit. Only 2 years in Pittsburgh, stll won. But then...what did he do with St.Louis and Buffalo? Good regular seasons but then playoffs were pout-pout-pout. As coach, you are as good as your team. Only during the 1st or 2nd year are you able to motivate your players to an extreme limit...see the AVs this year. I still wanted Roy 'cause I wanted to turn thise franchise around. I don't associate Roy with losing, hence I don't want to associate my Habs as loser. Yet....the real moment of truth will be starting year 3 and so on.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote