View Single Post
Old
11-17-2013, 06:29 PM
FOurteenS inCisOr
FOS COrp CEO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Then you let him continue improving before dumping him. Again if you think a 3/4th line center is all Tanev commands, he isn't worth trading at all. Incase you haven't noticed he's on a shutdown pairing with Hamhuis. He is proving he can defend against anyone in this league, and has started to put up points as well without pp time.

You're overvaluing Matthias here and undervaluing Tanev. People take draft status way too seriously...if Tanev was a 1st rounder people would be begging for him. Let the kid continue to prove his worth before kicking him to the curb.
I'm not undervalueing Tanev. Nowhere did I say I wanted to trade him straight up for Matthias.

I would prefer to package him with other assets to get a top6 forward.

But Matthias is a good young 3C with size. Those come at a cost. You are definitely undervalueing him.

The Canucks needs up front outweigh the necessity of keeping Tanev, especially when there is a capable replacement in the AHL.

And Tanev is going to command a big raise this summer, so if they can move him for a valuable piece in advance, they should look into it.

Not sure why you're taking his inclusion in trade proposals so personally, or as a slight on him.

He's one of the only valuable assets that can be used to address the Canucks weaknesses up front, so he'll likely continue to be in most Canucks proposals.

FOurteenS inCisOr is offline   Reply With Quote