View Single Post
Old
11-17-2013, 07:53 PM
ohnoeszz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
I'm not undervalueing Tanev. Nowhere did I say I wanted to trade him straight up for Matthias.

I would prefer to package him with other assets to get a top6 forward.

But Matthias is a good young 3C with size. Those come at a cost. You are definitely undervalueing him.

The Canucks needs up front outweigh the necessity of keeping Tanev, especially when there is a capable replacement in the AHL.

And Tanev is going to command a big raise this summer, so if they can move him for a valuable piece in advance, they should look into it.

Not sure why you're taking his inclusion in trade proposals so personally, or as a slight on him.

He's one of the only valuable assets that can be used to address the Canucks weaknesses up front, so he'll likely continue to be in most Canucks proposals.
Matthias is questionable as a 3C, let alone being a good young one. He's 26 and has averaged 13 minutes a game this year. He's desirable because of his physical ability - he's a true physical force who isn't a liability on the ice.

It's stupid to constantly be putting Tanev in proposals because they are never thought out. A Canuck fan sees something shiny that they like and say, "here's Tanev." There is very little thought in any of these proposals as to how good Tanev is and can be, how much his value increases after a year of top 4 quality and minutes, how the trade target is supposed to actually make us a better team...

It's tiring and this thread isn't helping (though I think the people willing to throw Jensen away are dumber).

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote