View Single Post
Old
11-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoor living View Post
Yep. We lost so what do you expect?
There has been discussion of acquiring Miller far longer than losing a game tonight. It's been going on since the rumors of Miller leaving Buffalo last year and then really picked up when there were rumors of us actually having a deal set up to acquire him before Halak injured himself. This is far from reactionary but rather coming to a realization that our goaltenders aren't bad but they aren't anything special and is something this club has lacked since the CuJo days.

Also scoring so far has no been a problem, yes we were scoring a lot last year but were sacrificing our defense for more offense. This year we are playing great on both ends of the ice but have been lacking good goaltending. As much as people don't want to give up assets, we have plenty of assets without hurting our future. It's not like we are going to have guys retiring or demanding large contracts we can't fit anytime soon. Regardless if you think Miller isn't that big of an upgrade (which I personally think he is) he is still an upgrade and I would rather lose a few assets for the future in order to get to the ultimate goal which is the Cup.

I mean look how much depth we have now and we have multiple prospects that look great but how are they going to fit in and when? There is a draft, EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. we have prospects like Jaskin, Rattie, Carrier, Schmaltz, Vannelli, Hakanpaa, Edmundson, Allen, Binnington in our pipeline and compare that to other cup contending teams prospect pools. We have time to replenish our prospect pool while giving some up.