View Single Post
Old
11-18-2013, 01:31 AM
AJMHABS
Chucky #27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Bennett is definitely out of reach for the Habs without winning the lottery. While McCann is Bergevin's type of player as is Dylan Larkin, the RH center the Habs are missing could very well be in Bennett's class with development Nick Schmaltz is the real deal too.

Playing in the USHL, Schmaltz doesn't get the exposure that CHL players receive, but he's got speed, moves, playmaking skill and a good shot. He's still working at rounding out his defensive play but has made strides since stints with the USNTDP. Barbashev is the other center of note, IMO the Habs would be happy to draft any of the four. Depends upon which player they deem BPA when they draft, I would really like to see the Habs with three 1st round choices.

With Bergevin, Dudley, Timmins and a great scouting staff, the Habs could draft the final three pieces necessary for their future Stanley Cup Championship team. There are some very good players available in the 2014 Entry Draft and I believe they are ready for to swing for the fences. Much like Calgary, Columbus and Buffalo last year the Habs could draft a great line with 3 - 1st's, with players between picks 5-23 being very similar in value.

A line featuring McCann centering Draisaitl at LW and Connor Bleackley at RW could be a dominating force in the NHL within 3yrs. Three players in the mold of the Habs team for the next generation with a mix of great playmakers and snipers, the Habs top nine will be a force to reckon with.

Yes the Habs are close enough to the depth and quality on defence and goal for a SC Champion team. A select group of finishers to complement the prospects that will join the Habs over the next two years and they will have an "Elite Team". Capable of playing any type of game a team presents with authority, much like the Chicago Black Hawks have now.
Sounds good and all, but how exactly are the Habs supposed to get 3 1st rounders for this upcoming draft?

Even if we fall out of playoff contention and have a fire sale, I don't see us getting that much back, more like up and coming prospects and 2nd-3rd round picks with maybe getting one 1st round pick.