Thread: Proposal: Top 6 Forward to Vancouver
View Single Post
Old
11-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmagpie View Post
Canucks can go in one of two ways, either move Kesler back to 2nd line centre and grab a playmaking winger. Or keep Kesler on the wing and get a 2nd line playmaking centre.

If Kesler moves to centre, I have always liked to have seen Hemsky on his wing. But I doubt he would come cheap after the Canucks kept Schneider away from the Oilers in the offseason.

If he keeps at centre, then I would be hoping for someone like Stastny. But realistically, I could see Legwand or Jussi Jokinen being a target for the Canucks.

I am one of the Canuck fans who think we should keep ahold of Tanev and I doubt that Torts would want him gone either. Ideally, I would say it's time to let Edler go. But Bieksa could go as well. Both have a no-trade clause in their contracts, but it would be interesting to see if either would waive.

Would Colorado fans be interested in a deal centered around Bieksa or Edler for Stastny?

Or, they can deal for a C that can play W, a la Brassard. This way, they can try the combination with Kesler at each position. It provides the team the opportunity to mix and match talent as they see fit, instead of locking Kesler down at C or W, specifically.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote