View Single Post
Old
11-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Last night I went back to my 55 flex Covert DT2. I love the weight and balance of the stick, which feels feather light, and the blade is super soft and helps catch pucks.

As much as I like my other sticks, I have a problem with the puck bouncing off the blade. Last week for instance, a defenseman on the other team for some reason tried to make a stretch pass but didn't see that I was standing right in the lane. He basically passed the puck to me in his zone with a clear lane to the net. I saw the whole thing, got ready to catch pass, but it bounced off the blade and about six feet back the other way.

This doesn't happen with the Warrior stick. All last night, I was getting my stick into passing lanes, using one hand to tip pucks, catching hard passes in warmups, no issues at all.

Of course, with the incredible whippy flex, I have a real problem with accuracy and missing the net. But last night I decided to take half slappers instead of leaning into them, and it worked out. My shots were hitting the net a lot more and still had a decent amount of pop to them. With my wrist/snap shots, I tried to lean in less and just let my hands do the work. Again, worked out much better.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote