View Single Post
Old
11-18-2013, 01:47 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Hell no. Goligoski and Daley are both LHD, so they wouldn't be paired together in Oates' system. So we'd still have a hole in the top four. Beyond that, Goligoski is slumping even harder than Green, so I'm not sure why you'd want to add him to replace Green. Further still, Daley is better used on his off-side anyway, so he's not a great fit in Oates' system. And neither of them have been able to fully establish themselves as quality top 4 defensemen in Dallas anyway, and certainly not one who could fill the hole that Green would leave behind.

It's a lose all around for the Capitals.
Alex Goligoski | #33 | Defense | Dallas Stars
Height: 5-11 | Weight: 181 | Shoots: Right

I don't know how you can say neither has been a quality top-4 defenseman.

Advanced stats show Goligoski played real well last year (good Corsi). Both faced pretty good competition (second lines) both last and this year, unlike Green, and Daley has very low OZone start %. Goligoski's cold spell I think is not a problem, all players have theirs.

In other words, Daley is a consistent 2nd pairing defenseman, Goligoski may even be above average in that, but going through a slump.

Didn't know about Daley more useful as RD. But if Oates was able to change Ovi, I think Daley can adjust too.

IMO, if you can get a second pairing for one first-pairing d-man (especially the one who is consistently out of the first pairing), you do it. On the other hand, if we can get Daley without giving up Green, I'd do that too.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote