View Single Post
Old
11-18-2013, 03:55 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Has anyone seen much of McKeown this season?
I haven't been able to see him yet.

From Brock's early top 30 list:
Quote:
McKeown's development as a player has really impressed me this season. His play in his own end has always been a strength, but he's playing with a lot more confidence and has been nearly impossible to score against this season (a remarkable +21 so far). His reads and positioning in the defensive end are fantastic and he's playing with more piss and vinegar this year which is allowing him to win more battles in the corners and in front of the net. The area that has grown the most though is his ability to confidently carry and distribute the puck. He's showing no fear in leading the rush and jumping up to make plays offensively, possessing the confidence to know that he can get back defensively. His ability to run the powerplay and make reads on the point has also improved, even if I'd like him to try and use his shot a bit more. McKeown is going to play in the NHL for a long time; think Ryan Suter.
Even if we miss out on Ekblad, it would be tough not to get excited for a player like him.

Check out the whole list here: http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...nhl-draft.html