Thread: Crossfit
View Single Post
Old
11-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Thesensation19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Wow, so much misinformation I don't even know where to start. First of all, lifting weights doesn't automatically make you big. In fact, power lifting is completely different from body building, and the objective is not to "bulk up" like body builders do.

Second of all, **** like P90x and crossfit is for fat unfit people trying to get into shape, not athletes or people who are already fit and looking to improve whatever sport they are playing.

You need time between sets to allow your muscles to recover, and maximize the strength building. Like I said, weight lifting is a supplement to whatever sport you play, so you should already be in good shape. You are trying to gain strength that would otherwise be unattainable though whatever practice/playing regimen you already do for your sport.

Crossfit is for unfit people?
That might the biggest misinformed thing on this blog.

The concept of cross fit is used widely throughout sports including NBA, NHL, NFL and other pro sport athletes. Kobe Bryant himself said, I dont do "crossfit" but what I do is pretty much the same thing. So basically, hes always been involved in the idea of cross training. HIIT, weight lifting, gymnastics, yoga, diet etc.