View Single Post
Old
11-19-2013, 01:04 AM
WestCoastLeafs
Shenanigans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCall View Post
Honestly, my #1 concern about Gauthier from what i've seen so far is that he doesn't use his frame offensively in a league nowhere near his power level. Not for a lack of caring entirely, just that he seems to lack the needed aggressiveness to maximize the potential of his size. He uses it defensively, but not near as well offensively. He has the frame and ability to blow past the tiny little no future players that are the 3rd and 4th lines of every team in Junior and also most teams 2nd lines with extreme ease. Heck, with his frame and speed he should be able to dispose of a lot of 1st liners besides the real studs. He's just way more developed physically than they are. NHL aside for the moment, in the Q, he should be able to have his way any number of times, and i just wish he'd do it more often. Maybe he can't jump right into the NHL and do that with NHL players today, but you got to learn how it feels to do it sometime. You got to learn the moment to know how it's done so it can be accomplished later in the NHL.
This is what I've noticed as well. He'll be one of the senior guys on the team next year, and hopefully being "the man" will help him throw his weight around more.