View Single Post
Old
11-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Superstar Carwash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
Stralman has grown into a legit #4 defenceman imo. Torts really made him find his game. Looking really good this season. Hopefully he will stay at a descent price. I can imagine him enjoying having a top 4 spot for the first time in his career.
It's quite funny what an impact Torts had on Stralmans game really. When the Rangers signed him 2 years ago Torts admitted himself that he wasn't really in favor of the signing and didn't see the need. But I think after Stralman realizing this might be his last shot in the NHL and Torts seeing Stralsy's potential and what he could do to coach him into a better player, things just clicked.

I mean, Torts would always trust Stralman to do his job, and he always knew what he would get and wasn't afraid of putting Stralman on the ice in tricky situations. In the playoffs that year Stralman was arguably our best defenseman and he was one of few Rangers who played up to his potential in the last year's playoffs. He seemed completely unfazed by the whole thing.

If we could keep him at a somewhat decent price next year, he should be signed. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a pretty nice offer on the open market though.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote