View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 07:12 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
Well, after the record he set, Boucher rides on top of the wave and Burke looks suddenly shaky but then in a month time that will be the contrary. Then Bierk will come back in the mix etc... I think the performances of the Coyotes goalies are always emphased by the fact that for a few seasons going now, the opponent teams are constantly outshooting Phoenix. So in general, they really have to be on top of their game to make things happen, especially this year with such a young D in front of them.
Because it is such a young squad, the results go by positive or negative streaks and that makes us quite inconsistent. That may cost us the playoffs.
Anyway I think the future is bright and I deeply hope Barnett will not jeopardise it with a panic trade. There is no need for it this year, we are not Stanley cup contender yet.
I agree, we are not contenders so a major shake up is not needed on the team any more than the players the team is looking to move anyway (Savage, Burke, Sillinger?). I just hope that they can try to compete this season, but rather than having a team that barely misses the playoffs, I'd rather have a lottery pick in the playoffs. I don't see that happening, so I hope we can make smart moves to improve the team and give us that push into the playoffs. The division title is probably out of our grasp, but as we saw with that 5 game winning streak, jumping into a playoff spot can be done especially if we are getting wins over Dallas, Edmonton, and Los Angeles.