View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 09:47 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
I see little comparison between Michael Peca and Janne Niinimaa.

Regarding Janne's injury and current lowered value: I agree, and referred to such at the end of my post. I really wanted to get a feel from Blues' fans on this one, to get a sense of Janne's perceived value. And, I like personally think both of those Blue's players would serve a purpose on NYI, albeit more modest ones. Not in a rush to move Janne, however, just for sake of clarity, I would much prefer moving him before Hamrlik, everything being equal.
Both are counted on to be core players,both are coming off injuries and both have struggled this season.

and while I'd like to keep Hamrlik,his re-signing is still a question mark.I don't want to move Niinimaa,then have the isles trade Hamrlik because he wouldn't sign for what they offered.

as for Niinimaa's trade value,I'd be surprised if MM didn't ask for a high return.Remember last June when the Leafs asked for Hamrlik or Jonsson,MM said Antropov would have to be in a deal for either player.MM was basically saying that Jonsson's concussion history hadn't effected his trade price,that teams could pay it or not.

I doubt that the Isles feel Niinimaa's poor 42/43 games has wiped out his last 4-5 yrs in the league.