View Single Post
11-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
vCash: 2199
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I cannot find it... I am sure it was Phoenix, and maybe Calgary.

It was a long time! Like 4-5 mins minimum. Maybe time stretched in my mind... but both teams definitely scored, and the 2nd goal was the first stoppage.
This play involved Calgary and Phoenix with Shane Doan scoring but the description differs from what you described. I'm not sure if it is the play you mean. It is from 2008.

Phoenix got on the scoreboard a little later on a play that started about three minutes earlier.

The Flames cleared the puck out of their own zone to get a change and, in a play reminiscent of peewee house league hockey, the disk rolled down to Bryzgalov who went to his knees in an attempt to corral the thing.

Right through his legs went the rubber and it seemed to roll across the line before Ed Jovanovski lassoed it back out again.

While everyone in the rink pointed and gestured and wondered about a replay, the action kept going for a few minutes until Shane Doan skated out of the Calgary corner with the puck, untouched, and put a backhand through Joseph's legs to make it 3-2.

League officials in Toronto decided the puck had not fully crossed the line in the Phoenix end so the goal by the Coyotes counted.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote