View Single Post
Old
11-20-2013, 08:40 AM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
I was at the game last night.

Even after the first period ending at 0-0, my friends and I were noting how dead looked the Wild. But anyway, Habs played very well.

Please, another 4-5 games like that from Desharnais, then trade him! He's not part of the future. He played very well, but the guy need to play with the 2 best wingers at the top of their game to perform. And Wild's d-men were quite slow last night. Won't happen everygame.

Emelin was the worse d-man last night, lots of mistakes, but still, his presence is felt. Few more games to find his legs and his decision making, and he will make a big difference.

I really don't know what Briere brings to the game anymore. He's not fast, not big, not gritty, not a great passer. Above average shot, that's it.

The fourth line was great. Having Bournival on that line changes everything as he brings speed. I always believed in having a roadrunner on a fourth line, with 2 big nasty grinders. If you don't have a speed component on a 4th line, it becomes way too easy to play against them.

I love Subban and he's clearly the best d-man the team had since a long time. But when you look closely, game after game, period after period, shift after shift, play after play, Markov remains the most effective d-man the team has in almost every aspect of the game. Subban is the better talent wise, but Markov's experience showed.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote