View Single Post
Old
11-20-2013, 12:35 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Does he have a higher/lower upside than Cole or is Cole pretty much what you think he'll be if all goes well?
yes, hes got erik cole potential and that would be awesome. cole in his day was a ferocious player.

side note, hes from oswego, ny- where i went to college and a local hometown hero.

ck's wheels are scary good. his first few steps i would dare say are as good as anyone in the league. he goes from zero to top speed in so little time and space its filthy. until you see him in person at ice level, you really cant appreciate his blinding speed from a standstill. he has jet feet.

having said that, it may sound crazy but hell be the most effective when NOT at top speed and sometimes standing still. i still say he will be the most dangerous scoring goals within 15 ft of the goal. hes so big and leverages so well, he is impossible to stop when hes protecting the puck. if he can develop that "cut back, cross ice snapper against the grain shot" when hes got the puck at speed, and his down low power scoring move, ala, go to the front of the net with the puck every time hes got control, he will become a 30 goal guy easy.

and add to that having him stand near the goal on the pp, hes got 30+ in him. easy.