View Single Post
Old
11-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Habs_Apostle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Most fans?? Fans of? From where???
The two biggest MMA sites Sherdog and MMAWeekly, have Hendricks winning from fans polling.
Sherdog has only about 25% of fans giving it to GSP, 68% give it to Hendricks, 5% draw. We're talking about more than 2000 voters there.
So again, most fans? Who exactly are you talking about? Montrealers that know jack crap about MMA and are blind supporters of their local stars?
I know people that can't even tell me what is a guillotine choke or armbar sub try to argue with me how GSP won. If I bring up an omoplata, forget about it, I'm speaking chinese.
I know people that told me Hendricks had to knock him out to beat GSP. That was the only way they were going to give any credit to JH.

Please man. Most people involved in the sport gave it to Hendricks.

And spare me the two judges. You know as much as me how wrong they can be, and how often it's happened, and they were wrong here once again.

Easy might have been an exaggeration, nothing easy about fighting one of the best fighters in the world.
But he did exactly what he needed to do. He made GSP uncomfortable. He controlled where the fight was going to happen by stuffing takedowns, he made him pay very hard with many elbows, countered most of GSP's punches, gave very big knees, and hit him with solid punches that clearly impacted GSP.
So ya, it was a clear round 1 win. And again, if rd 3&5 are 10-9 for GSP, then rd2-4 could be argued 10-8 for Hendricks.
It wasn't an easy win, maybe that's a poor choice of word, but it was a clear rd 1 win to Hendricks.
As I said, if you give it to GSP, you're reaching, or playing the ''he's the Champ'' bias. In other words, you're not being fair.

No he shouldn't, he was right 100%, and I hate the guy.

Of course you're more comfortable with your description. That way you don't have to give any credit to Hendricks.
I mean, the guy trips GSP and you're saying ''wtv, GSP was probably going to fall anyways''...
Seriously dude, it's pretty lame at this point.
Most fans on the sites you've mentioned (whether GSP or Hendricks fans) concede Hendricks gets 2 and 4 and GSP 3 and 5. So, first, you differ from the norm in that you gave Hendricks round 3 also. Next, most fans on the sites you mentioned seem to agree (regardless of who they thought won the fight overall in a poll) that round 1 was the clincher (using a 10 point must system). And most fans seem to agree this round could have gone either way. So, second, you differ from the norm in that you cannot possible conceive how this round could go to GSP.

So THAT'S what makes your position so extreme. OK? So again, whether you think you're right or wrong, my only point is this: there just aren't many arguing as vehemently as you for a clear round 1 to Hendricks, and there were very few, if any, as far as I can tell, that gave round 3 to Hendricks. In short, you're one of the most extreme Hendricks advocates I've come across.

And yes Dana should apologize... and yes he was going to fall anyways...etc. OK, this is beginning to remind me of that old Monty Python sketch where one man pays for an argument and only complains he's being contradicted. "You're not arguing, you're just contradicting me!" And the other man responds, "No, I'm not!"

I think this is the point we're at now. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote