View Single Post
Old
11-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Overcast

vCash: 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I think you expect too much out of Pyatt... certainly far more than AV seems to... and more than I do. Pyatt is fine, people just think he should do more because he came into the league touted with more talent.

Pouliot is way more of a head scratcher. I do get the feeling that a lot of Rangers fans also expect Pouliot to be able to maximize his skills. We should know better and if we do, we know who this player is at this point... and expecting him to maximize his tool set is just setting yourself up for disappointment. What I don't understand is why he's seemingly incapable of producing even the way he has produced in his NHL career. The guy is nothing more than a 3rd liner. But on that, he has produced like an offensively capable 3rd liner in 5-on-5 situations for most of his career. 2 goals in 21 games would represent 8 over 82. That's not even half of his 17.8 goals per 82 over the course of his career. It really just doesn't make sense. My only theory is that it's a confidence issue. He was asked to play a top-6 role at the beginning of the year with our injuries. He's not a top-6 player and his inability to perform as one when asked has shot his confidence through the floor. I don't know.

Anyway... you're harping too much on other guys. AV's job isn't to treat everyone the same. This is a competent coach. I trust his judgment on how to handle his players.
I don't think it's too much to expect him to, at the very least, not hurt the team when he's on the ice. While yes, there were a handful of times (mostly from the last ~3-4 games I think) where at first I couldn't tell who was scrumming along the boards only to see it was Pyatt buying time, I was pleasantly surprised and very happy to see him doing what he was doing. But I can recall more times Pyatt has directly hurt or hindered the team with his play. I'm positive losing his fiancee and the year off have played enormous roles in turning him into the player we see now, much more than being relegated to 3rd/4th line duty.

And I apologize to you and Barbara for getting a little snippy. The things that happen with this team make me want to pull out my hair sometimes.