View Single Post
Old
11-21-2013, 09:02 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Completely agreed - although... you raise an interesting point.

What about MDZ for Myers with Buffalo keeping 50% of the salary? That's intriguing to me. Both teams looking to get talented young guys who've slumped and could benefit from a change of scenery.

Buffalo: Best case: they get a true offensive defenseman who blossoms in a no pressure situation where he is allowed to play top 4 minutes on his natural left side (where he's blossomed before) - and he's cost controlled due to RFA status. Worst case: DZ bombs, you let him walk, but you've shed half of Myers's salary, which right now is looking like an albatross on the books.

NYR: Best case: they get a big, strong, heavy shot from the right side who allows everyone to play in their natural position and is an anchor on the right side for years to come at the bargain price of only $2.75MM per year. Worst case: they've got a bottom pairing defenseman who needs sheltered minutes, but is still righthanded and still huge at $2.75MM per year. Probably overpaid by $0.5-0.75MM per year, but nothing terrible. And you can always buy him out (the regular way) or demote him for a marginal cap hit.
I made a similar proposal a few weeks ago, but, I went in a different direction - MDZ for Myers and the #1 the Sabres got in the Vanek deal.