View Single Post
Old
11-21-2013, 09:24 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
I think MDZ will ask for 3.5m from the Rangers, but could get 4m somewhere else.
Given an offer sheet he falls in this bracket:

$3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd.

Would you guys say that it's worth keeping him and take the potential compensation picks? Or trade him at the deadline/now.
I think they could get a good prospect + 1st for him right now if they wanted to go in that direction.

I would rather trade him for a good young forward 1 for 1 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I honestly thought they might amnesty him given his injury history, but no such luck. He'd be a very solid addition if CBJ at some salary, but that's not gonna happen.
I was hoping the same thing. I am still hoping there are some amnesties this upcoming off-season of players like Franzen or Wiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x BEUKEBOOM x View Post
Considering all the crap proposals and badgering of his value by other teams "expert" fans on the main boards, I'd take that 1st & 3rd and run, especially since the chances of a lottery team with cap space sending that offer is good and we're looking at a pick in the 2015 draft that has McDavid in it.

Yeah. I'd rather wait and see if MDZ get's offer sheeted unless we are offered a upgrade this season for MDZ+
Crap proposals from fans who don't know anything about him shouldn't be used as a gauge of what is really being offered. If it is true there are at least 5 teams interested, that's plenty to get a mini bidding war. Who are the teams? Minnesota, Colorado, Edmonton, TB, Ottawa? Dallas has been rumored. Florida has been rumored. There are pieces on each team the Rangers, I am sure, have keyed in on. They won't just dump him for anything.