View Single Post
Old
11-21-2013, 11:18 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
If Buffalo retained salary then I'd be interested in Tyler Myers. However that would drive up the cost a little more. I don't know what Buffalo would want. If you start with Del Zotto +, I don;t think that addresses our main problem. I think our main problem (and I'm sure a majority here are on board with this) is forward depth. We need more forwards that can score goals on the 3rd line. I'm not even asking for scoring depth on the 4th line because that would be too much to ask at the moment. They need forwards.
In looking at the lineup we iced last night (which gave Boston more than it could handle and had terrible puck luck), which forward would you like to upgrade?

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Brassard-Pouliot
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Pouliot's the obvious choice, but c'mon - you're looking at a 3rd line RW there (and our best depth is actually at RW with Kristo and Miller on the cusp). Anyone else and you'd probably be sending a forward back in the deal, who will provide significant value in his own right.

Mind you, I'd love a center, particularly with Richards likely leaving in the offseason - or a bona fide up and coming power forward at any of the three forward positions - but the team's most glaring need IMO is RHD with a point shot.

If you can get Coyle or Zinbanejad, those are probably my first choices, by Tyler Myers (with salary retention by Buffalo) is probably my 3rd.