View Single Post
Old
11-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I like Franzen. Solid winger, big body that understands that and knows how to impose his size in the dirty area of the ice.

Absolutely NO WAY I give up that package of players WITH the wings eating the whole contract.

He's 33 today, going to be 34 this year. Has 6 years left on his deal AFTER this season.

He's already showing signs of slowing down and similar to Holmstrom who I loved as a player, takes a beating for his willingness to stand in those dirty areas.

Franzen is not a player I would target. The contract is the reason.

Had he 4 years left on his deal (including this one) I'd be more interested, but not at the package above. No freaking way
Well, I can ease your worrys because that contract wouldn't be our problem thanks to Burke. Any cap recapturing hits Detroit. And, he only make 1m per the last years. There is no way he would keep playing if we told him he would sit for a full year. I actually also think the NMC doesn't cover the last heart either, so we could force him to retire by demoting him to the ECHL.

It's also more or less idiot proof for Detroit. He player like Franzen is no medical wonder, when he is 38-39 he can go on LTIR no doubt. Something is always worn out for a player like him at that age.

Teams didn't really take a risk with those retirement contracts and neither would we. Franzen would be a very good player for us for 4-5 years. That isn't bad.