View Single Post
Old
11-21-2013, 12:13 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i admit i do bash the guy but at the same time he is an good defensive forward... it just stinks that for a big guy he doesnt have the mean streak as Lucic.. having said that if they can get the right deal for him since he will be an UFA, they should do it... no sense of keeping a player that might walk. if you some team offers a young player like Morin or Hartman for Boyle you should do it.. the management thinking should not be this well im not gonna make the deal because i need to find a replacement for Boyle and as of now he will be more useful in the playoffs... just because Rangers are in a win mode does not mean that should not get anything for their UFA to be...
Refer to my last post about maximizing assets.

Secondly, why do you bother referencing Lucic? How many players in the league are like Lucic? I'll tell you, not many. Maybe only able to count on one hand the players that are similar to Lucic. He is a force. So it is absolutely unfair to compare Brian Boyle to Milan Lucic.

You throw out these names as if a team would offer a Morin or Hartman for Boyle. They won't. Look at what Clowe got. Draft picks. Look at what Douglas Murray got, draft picks. Gaustad two years ago, draft pick. You don't see prospects dealt too often. All 3 of those players have more value than Brian Boyle.

We are better off keeping Boyle and having him for a playoff run. There is a benefit. Cap space when you let him go. Or he goes out and his a huge part of the success and you re-sign him if feasible.