View Single Post
Old
11-21-2013, 04:53 PM
ccarrigan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar Treatment View Post
It's a weird situation. I know what games I need to let players know that I'm not letting the little ******** go, that extra hook when the guy is past you, the hold for a couple seconds too long against the boards.

But, here's where things get tricky. Sometimes you nip problems in the bud by reffing this way. Sometimes you cause frustration and it leads to things getting to a point that you can't even hand out enough penalties.

It's really a situation where you have to figure things out on the fly. Sometimes a game really calms down after a fight. If it doesn't, which it seems to have not in your case, you need to put a total lock down on the game. If you have to treat adults like children then oh well. A lot of refs are afraid to toss people in some buildings because of fines or suspensions, which I understand, but it really stinks when someone gets injured in a situation that you might have been able to cut off.
I agree. They did cut us off after the kid got hurt, but that's obviously too late. After 3 ejections I wish they would have just called it, we were the obvious better team and yet things got really ugly and ended with a hospital trip. I feel bad for the kid (been there) and for my buddy who's going to be out a ton of games because they're throwing the book at him.

ccarrigan is offline   Reply With Quote