View Single Post
Old
11-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Andrews called into 97.5 last week to say this story & after it another former Eagles player who played with him called in & said that it was complete bs.

As much as I don't like McNabb & think he's an *** but I find it hard to believe Andrews here, sounds like a copy cat off the incognito story trying to get a little back into the limelight.
Tbf I believe they probably gave him a bit of a hard time, heck, he would have got stick on any team I have ever been on for that mohawk alone...

'Is that a skunk on your head dude?'
'I didn't know you played soccer now Shawn.'
'Hey, Shawn, the 80's called, it wants its hairstyle back.'
'Did your mum actually let you leave the house like that?'
'This is the NFL, not a German rave Shawn.'
'Great rockhopper penguin outfit Shawn.'
'Bet I can guess the price you paid for that cut Shawn... your dignity mate.'
'Didn't know the blind society offered haircuts these days.'

And they would be the really nice PC ones... funny if you are a certain kind of person and go with it... not so funny if not, especially if you have mental health issues before/during the time in the lockerroom. (It is up to leaders on the team to gauge that kind of stuff really, reign it in if guy aint reacting well to it, as it is bordering on harassment if they are not taking it as a joke or camaraderie ... and that can be hard to gauge, especially if the guy goes along with it, gets involves and fires back or says nothing at the time when 'banter' is commonplace across the board.)

There is always a danger that guys are fine with some of the tamer stuff, and join in, and then due to over familiarity (like you are in each others pockets 24/7) people take it too far and think everyone is on the same wavelength when they are in fact gritting their teeth when things are said. And most jocks have their heads so far up their own arses, or laughing at their own jokes, trying to be big man on campus, that they will not realise that someone is not as ok with it as they and others are.

(Heck... I had my hair dyed a stronger blonde for a while and got so much stick for it among teammates... got called 's*it lid' for a year even after I got rid of it!)

Last edited by Appleyard: 11-21-2013 at 10:08 PM.