View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 01:54 PM
JV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
Thoughts?
Yeah. The first is this: Begin played well enough to raise a few eyebrows upstairs before being injured. There'll be enough time after he comes back and before the deadline to assess him in the role of the 3rd pivot. From what I saw, Tyler Wright doesn't have much on him if he plays the way he did before popping his shoulder.

The second thing is this: acquiring Laperierre kind of presupposes that you actually do something with Juneau as well. Begin fits on the roster whether or not JJ is moved, because Begin can play the wing and he can play the fourth line. Plus, you don't have to give anything to get him. As for moving Juneau, I don't expect that to happen, so that's another reason I don't see another center coming on board for now. I've heard the reports of Gainey wants a "right shot center", but half of what GMs say is designed to keep the hounds in the media off the trail. I'm not saying he won't make a deal at center, but I don't expect it any time soon and certainly not if Begin comes back strong.

Third, the guys Gainey would like to move (Perreault, maybe one of Sundstrom and Dackell, Kilger, etc) aren't going to bring back Ian Laperierre or Tyler Wright, not without throwing in Hossa or a 2nd.