View Single Post
11-22-2013, 02:11 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Originally Posted by AZcoyotes View Post
Tonight, I skated on them for the first time, and they KILLED my feet. The pain in my arches was serious.
90% of the time, Arch pain is due to tightening the skate wrong causing the blood not to circulate through the foot correctly.

If you locate the lace eye holes starting at the toe of the skate, count up four lace holes up from the toes towards the ankle on both sides of the boot. The laces that go through the four lace holes on each side should be very loose.

As for the rest of the lace holes, the lace needs to be very tight to provide ankle support. But the bottom four needs to be loose to allow blood to circulate through the toes and arch support.

When there is no blood circulation, it causes the arch to ache like someone had just driven a knife into the bottom of your foot. By loosing up the laces that go through the four bottom eye lace holes, the pain is reduced due to added blood flow.

Hundreds of Hockey Drill for FREE at
Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote