View Single Post
Old
12-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Fotiu22

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Then how does he have enough Talent? The only thing he doesnt have is offensive skill.

Great defensive player, great hitter, great blocker, great forechecker, great team guy, and plays with the most heart out of anyone. He is the perfect 4th line player.

If you didn't mean offense when you said talent...then what did you mean that he doesn't have that makes him not an NHL caliber player?
great hitter? maybe as compared to Poti, but not a great hitter. He will check and Lord knows he'll give 110% into every check but I would NOT classify him as a great hitter. There is not 1 player that is skating around thinking "Where is Ortmeyer" as they would a "great hitter". Yes, he is good defensively and no doubt that he is a great shot blocker. I pretty much agree with your assessment only that you think he is worthy of a 4th line spot and I don't.

I think he lacks in speed, stick handling, passing, and shooting... all basic hockey skills. Hockey-wise I think he's a 4th line scrub at best and most of those guys are interchangeable on any given night. Like I previously said, he has great heart and I love that I just don't think he belongs on an NHL roster. I know he's popular and most won't agree with me, but thats my opinion.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote