Thread: Simon Despres
View Single Post
Old
11-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Barring injuries I have a feeling Elmer will spend the year in WBS. Not as any sort of punishment but I think because the team didn't like the results they got by having him up here half the time and down there half the time. They've probably set him to working on specific parts of his game and barring necessity they'll let him stay there and focus on that, partly with the idea it will piss him off a little / make him hungry to kick some ass in next year's camp when there will likely be two openings on the roster at least.

I haven't given up on Elmer but don't expect to see him around much this year. As for trades, we've all mentioned it from time to time but I don't think it's likely. I think he's a part of this team's plans, but they don't feel he's matured enough yet. Consistency has always been their thing with him (justified or not), so they not rushing him after giving him his initial chance and not being convinced he was ready for full-time duty. I think there probably is a work ethic thing at play there, especially if you consider Maatta and everything that's been said about his work ethic.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote