View Single Post
Old
11-22-2013, 11:36 AM
ccarrigan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Well you have to remember the OP is bias as all hell. What I take is he was playing a chippy team and the ref failed to recognize what was happening and just let everything go (which is common for beer league but very wrong). This eventually resulted in several players getting very frustrated and when a chippy play happens again they react.

Beer league is also funny in the sense that players come from all different levels. I've seen how myself playing rep all my life see most contact as relatively nothing where as others playing house league take even the slightest bump as an infraction. The ref just needs to be aware of what is happening in his game and use his power to stop it from escalating rather than just sitting back and either not calling anything or calling a bad game entirely.
I was kind of mad at your first sentence, but you're right, I am. But I do know I've played a lot of games with these guys and they just don't act like that. Two of three haven't had a penalty all season between two teams (twentyish games?).

And I do agree, some of my friends played college and juniors so a little bump is nothing. Others have been at it for just a few years and simply aren't ready / able to take a more physical game.

ccarrigan is offline   Reply With Quote