View Single Post
Old
11-22-2013, 01:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Just so we dont get too high on Hudon, this latest comment should put our expectations of the player back to where they should be considering his size and where he was drafted:

Charles Hudon, Montreal’s 2012 fifth-rounder from Chicoutimi, was a under-20 pick before injury last year, so you figure he should be a lock if healthy this year. He looked to be that with a nice performance with a couple of goals in the Q’s win in the first leg of the Subway Super Series in Gatineau this week. In Sherbrooke though, he looked flat and lacked the speed to give Russia defenders much of a problem. As one scout said: “A good junior and Hockey Canada-type player, but if he makes the roster that doesn’t mean he’s a NHL prospect. He doesn’t do anything well enough to project him as anything other than a journeyman.”

I still like him, but lets not all get too carried away with him. I havent seen the kind of bite out of him that Gallagher has. Without it, i dont think Gallagher would have ever succeeded in the NHL.
Doesn't do anything well enough? He has hockey sense up the wazoo.