View Single Post
11-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Summer Grilling
vCash: 500
Living in the Southern United States, I do not have the opportunity to randomly run into NHL players. Dallas is too far away from me.

However, I did have the privilege to meet and hang out with our esteemed GM, Marc Bergevin.

It was in the summer of 1996. My wife and I went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for our vacation. We were there for a week. One night, we (along with friends that we made while there) went to a bar called "The Giggling Marlin".

This establishment is known for its fine tequilla and the various ways that you can drink said tequilla (you can even do tequilla shots hanging upside down next to a Marlin with a rod and reel )

After several drinks, I see Marc in the bar and told my wife he's a hockey player for the Red Wings. I proceeded to walk over and told him that he looked like Marc Bergevin. He laughed and we stood around for about an hour talking hockey (he hated Claude Lemieux ) and doing tequilla shots. I will say that the man had a way with the ladies.

I did get autographs from Matt Kassian and Anton Khudobin. I went to an ECHL game in Louisiana and they were playing for the Texas Wildcatters, a farm club for the Houston Aeros/Minnesota Wild. Kassian was big then also.

Other than those, I have nothing.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote