View Single Post
Old
11-22-2013, 07:14 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
The reason tlusty goes in a trade is as much about him being rfa after the season as much as it's about him struggling. The canes have signed skinner, jstaal, semin to big deals and have Faulk coming up in the off season. They're already pretty maxed out with salaries. They won't be able to sign tlusty to real money, and since he hasn't been exactly essential this season it makes sense they move him for a need.

He is a very solid player. He doesn't turn over the puck, to the point off almost never taking risks which effects his numbers IMO. He always chips it deep instead of the middle,he's very defensively responsible. Scoring wise he can finish around the net very well. The line isn't clicking, and the style he plays doesn't create a lot of offense for himself. He can either be a checking line winger or a complimentary piece on a scoring line. Reminds me a lot of a more responsible version of vrbata before he got consistent. Somewhere like Nashville or Phoenix would probably be great for him, though he could complement a top line on a team like Detroit too.
Would be very interested in Tlusty, but with DeKeyser down and really before that I don't see Detroit trading a D-man. Also most of our PMD are really not performing well.

Quincey and Tatar probably doesn't set your world on fire for a player like Tlusty. I don't think it is a bad offer, but not sure how Carolina fans would feel about it.

I don't think the Wings are holding on to both Tatar and Nyquist, so I think they are probably quietly shopping Tatar, if they can get the right piece back. They would probably be pretty interested in Gleason off the Canes as well, problem is Detroit has to send salary out right now have really put themselves behind the eight ball there.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote