Thread: Confirmed with Link: Gus is here to stay!
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2013, 12:19 AM
The Zermanator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Unless Sammy has decided he is retiring it is something he should be considering, has a chance to maybe turn his performance down there into into another couple million bucks. They have to take them for cap concerns, Rutherford was a part of the brain trust that picked Quincey for the World Championships a couple years ago, maybe he wants him I don't know.

The point we are getting at was I don't think Tatar is untouchable. If the right deal comes along that makes sense he will probably be moved.

Tlusty doesn't generate a lot of offense by himself, but he is good along the boards, pops in garbage goals and has a good shot, though not a huge fan of his release. In any case he is struggling along with Staal and Semin, but in a large part because he is their board guy and the guy that is supposed to get open. Maybe he is a one year wonder, but I like putting him with Datsyuk and I like what he brings this team in terms of sound play and above average play on the board. Plus he has RFA control, if he is in fact available we should be calling. Problem is they want a PMD, probably left-handed so that is good for us, but we don't have one to return Tlusty even in his slump, so we have to add.

Tlusty is a 26 year old winger
Gleason a 30 year old stay at home D-man

They are not awful pieces and both look to be expendable if you put the right package together.
This is gonna sound crazy but I'm bored so here goes.

Put together a huge package for Lindholm. They want a PMD so:

Smith, Tatar, Janmark-Nylen, Frk, Paterson, Quincey, Tootoo + 2014 1st rd pick and 2015 2nd rd pick

for

Lindholm and Gleason

Wings give up a LOT of talent but this still leaves them with a lot prospect wise at every position while adding that elite centre prospect they're missing.

Nyquist-Lindholm-Mantha
Jurco-Jarnkrok-Pulkinnen
Athanasiou-Sheahan-Ferraro
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Nastasiuk
Callahan

Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-DeKeyser
Almquist-Marchenko
Jensen

Mrazek

Insane prospect depth.

Last edited by The Zermanator: 11-23-2013 at 12:29 AM.
The Zermanator is offline   Reply With Quote