Thread: Balej call up
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 03:52 PM
penopekoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I think he'd look great on a line with Langdon and Perreault.

Seriously, though. I don't think they're going to bust up either of the top two lines for him, and he's not a line-three-type player, so that limits Julien's options. That's why I'm predicting that is exactly the line we'll be seeing him on on Friday night, whether we like it or not. I think he'll get a chance to play a shift or two on a top line, though. Maybe even a power play (if we get one--Devils don't give many up). Here's hoping he makes the best of it!
Well, I don't see why they would shift either Dackell or Ward, so I'd assume either Langdon or Perreault are sitting. If Perreault sits I'd imagine they'd bump Ward down to the 4th line to play centre (and push Dackell up to the 3rd), then have Balej playing the wing. If Langdon is sat (do we need him against such a disciplined team as NJ?), then Balej would just take his spot I imagine.

With all that said, I wouldn't mind seeing Balej playing instead of Dagenais, but I think that's a bit drastic seeing as Dags is playing pretty well as of late.