View Single Post
Old
11-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Pretty hilarious how we don't even talk about McCarron at this point. Huge disappointment this far.
Well, I think we do talk about him a lot. Even in this thread! It's totally fair to be "disappointed" so far... but I think we mostly have a reasonable perspective despite that disappointment. I was much more disappointed with my early viewings of Tinordi, and he panned out just fine despite that sluggish start and disappointment, so I'm tempering my disappointment with McCarron somewhat. He doesn't have quite the same baggage in terms of being a trade-up target, but it's still a pretty similar situation overall.

Hartman was about the only player I was pulling for with the pick, and I was so happy with the picks after, that it also mitigates the disappointment to me. It's a "draft fan" perspective to look at it that way, but hey, we're draft fans, right? I watched McCarron pretty closely in the one game I saw him live this year, and I really thought he was doing some good things and going to the right places, I may have an active imagination, but I can imagine it won't take a huge adjustment for him to start converting a little more and start moving up in our estimation. I don't take my "disappointment" with McCarron's start thus far too seriously. It's a pretty mild form of disappointment, because I'm satisfied with all the rationalizations surrounding it.