View Single Post
Old
11-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
The stacked team angle is an excuse. Usually playing on a stacked team means inflated production. It's a miserable start no matter how you slice it. We were all hoping for PPG production this season, and at this rate he'll be lucky to crack 30.
All that matters is points in your world I see. Some folks before the season (evidently you included) were insistent on predicting point totals for him..and espoused how he would need to get a point per game or he would be bust material. I said then that such thoughts were ridiculous, and I'm saying it now. Never mind that he's 6-5, is physical, screens the opposing goalie all of the time (and often doesn't get a point in the process), played a dozen games with an injury...all you can do is look at the stats..that's all that matters no 'matter how you slice it'.

A stacked team is a stacked team....no matter how YOU slice it. McCarron is a rookie OHLer who's never played Canadian hockey - the Hunters have a bevy of veteran forwards that took them to the Memorial Cup final last year...of course they are going to play their vets in key situations, and McCarron..just like Tinordi before him..will be brought along slowly.

Look at Zadorov last season. He played a secondary role for the first half of the season on a stacked blueline..just like Mac he was a 6-5 OHL rookie and he needed to adapt and wasn't thrown to the wolves. Look at Zadorov now in the OHL - less than a year later he's dominant.

For the umpteenth time - patience!!!! Let's look at where McCarron is at the end of next season.