View Single Post
Old
11-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I think he has gone a long way to justifying where he was taken. The pick was panned by many, most of whom probably dont have a good idea of what Moroz' game really is like, they probably figure he is nothing more than a goon, but he actually does have pretty good hands for a big guy and he skates pretty well for a big guy too.

I questioned how early he was taken, I thought he would be a good pick in the third/fourth round. Ive heard that he was never going to make it out of the second round. Not sure if that was true or not.

I was high on Samuelsson but my opinion of him post draft has gone downhill quite a bit. I would say in comparison Moroz has improved his game much more substantially than Samuelsson since the draft.
To be fair, even people that watched Moroz last season would've come to the same conclusion. The guy was just a really dumb hockey player and I was almost certain he'd be nothing more than a 4th liner. The difference between this season is without a doubt hockey sense, he finally knows where to be to use his size and hands effectively. It'd be nice if he could turn into a Kyle Clifford with better fighting technique.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote