View Single Post
Old
11-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
used to like the riders until they and their fans became ******-bags about5-7 years ago or thereabouts.
now they are my most hated team after Calgary.

go Hamilton!

one thing I will mention is I finally was able to buy grey cup pool tickets.
I didn't find anyone who was selling them the previous couple of years.
I don't think its Riders fans as much as the current fandome has been largely a youth or young adult phenomenon in Saskatchewan. I often feel that due to how that franchise was struggling for years and got tuned out and people stopped caring about it as much that theres a generation, now between say 35-50yrs old that kind of never got into the Riders and are still underrepresented. So what you see instead is a whole lot of Riders fans that are under 35 and disproportionately so. With behavior that might be more typical in that demographic.
For instance as you know our generation isn't much into taunting, in your face ridicule, etc. But in the internet age flaming is pretty much a given. Its too bad.

The same thing is observed with the Vancouver Canucks fanbase currently. Because its largely also a young fanbase and with the same generation before it that tuned out the Canucks more or less. So the trolling, taunting fanbase is over represented.

All we're really seeing here is new behaviors that we subscribe to. But we're on the internet so we see it a lot. Reality is we see it a lot on this board, or any board.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote