View Single Post
Old
12-29-2006, 06:17 AM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
you deal when you're in a postion of strength - the last time Gainey made a move for a top-line forward on a winning team it helped put the Stars over the top. The Stars were a winning team when Bob dealt Iginla to the Flames for Nieuwendyk; he helped take pressure off their top center Modano.

I'd like Doan or Comrie. If Phoenix will take Samsonov and Ryder for Doan.......
Basically what I'm trying to say is why try to fix something that isn't broken? The team as it sits now has a great locker room chemistry and also on ice.
You supposedly go for the guy that puts you over the top, that move could ruin a lot of things.
You know I'm just very pleased where we are in the standings,how we keep winning our D,Goaltending is fantasic!
I think that everyones hopes are a bit high all things considered.
I've read enough here to know that if we get turfed in the 2nd round of the post season it'll be "Trade the whole damn lot" or a pile of finger pointing to a few key players that actually helped get us there in the 1st place.
I think we should be happy we have such a great team and it's a lot more quiet around these parts from the Leaf fans

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote