Thread: Draft: 46 down
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 04:23 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Where will we finish? In the 12-16 picks *again* like we always seem to.. the kind of prospects that get pegged there are so frustrating.

My personal preference would be to go for a top defenseman as there seems to be an impressive number of good ones this year. Perhaps Green, Thelen or Fistric. There are lots of Euro D's on the rise too - Smid, D-Willaume, Fransson, Meszaros, Lyamin.

But I think Coyotes would like another forward.. I would guess they would be looking at the NCAA - Stafford, Pineault, Booth, Hensick.

I *really* do not want them to spend those 2nd round picks. Lately every single one of our 2nd and 3rds have all looked excellent ones thus far (Spiller, Podlesak, Leneveu, Callahan, M.Jones, Redenbach, Pestunov). Our record is much better there than in the 1st round and I wish they would try and give Draper more picks in that area. This draft doesnt look all that deep but it does seem to have a lot of wild card prospects perfect for the home run.
we may run into a situation where we have too many prospects playing in the AHL. Some might argue we are already there.

What we need is elite first line talent. I'm not opposed to packaging up some assets in order to acquire it.