View Single Post
11-23-2013, 05:55 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
I don't think this thread is trying to say which team is better. Simply stating why we won't fall into the same habits we did last year.

Secondly, instead of just looking at records we should be looking at how these games are being won. Are we getting secondary scoring, is our blue line stepping up? As someone else said, even amongst our big guys the scoring is spread out pretty evenly.

Our fourth line is constructed to be able to do different things if we put nieto vs brown down there

I don't know...standings is important too. How are we doing relative to other teams. 3 games in hand and 2 points out of 1st? Looks good.
What you are talking about is almost a universal among coaches in the league. By the 20 game mark, a lot of coaches have gone conservative even if they didn't start that way. Some wait until a team goes into a goal drought. It is the rare coach who keeps his foot on the gas even through slumps. I hope TM has the guts to do it, he has been borderline in the past (which is good for coaches by comparison). When a coach pulls in his horns, it is usually the kiss of death for the silver thingy and there is a lot of fluff for the fans about defense winning, etc.

I was especially impressed by Capuano last year who kept his foot on the pedal even against the Pens last year in the playoffs. That was both exciting and very rare. It was also probably the only chance that the Isles had even if they weren't able to capitalize.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote