Thread: Draft: 46 down
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
we may run into a situation where we have too many prospects playing in the AHL. Some might argue we are already there.

What we need is elite first line talent. I'm not opposed to packaging up some assets in order to acquire it.
I would argue you cant have too much talent the cream always rises to the top in the end. We were overloaded with goaltenders but Bierk made it to the NHL from the ECHL.

I guess one reason Im dubious about moving up was the example of moving up to get Sjostrom. While I have always liked him I dont think he is the elite talent we need. It seems to me it costs a bomb to get into where I'd like to be (top 5) and I figure you may as well pick 20th as 10th after that. Havlat, Stewart, Gagne are good examples. Get your scouting right and keep that second pick and you could earn yourself a Redenbach or Leneveu on top of it that you might have otherwise wasted.

PhoPhan - Im not sure I'd call it astounding.. the Panthers or Penguins have astounding depth.. Our depth is much better than just two years ago but I'd like to see more and Im sure Springfield would too.