View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpark
Edge..How do you know this? Based ON SOTI, I to beleive there was a meeting of some sort, or at least a conversation, but how do you know what they talked about?..I'm not doubting you, just curious?
Though I am not a reporter, I work with the media {public relations firm} spent a lot of years now {kinda scary when i think about it} traveling in certain circles and certain contacts.

There was indeed a meeting between dolan and sather, but it wasn't about sather's job. it was about finances and proposed ideas. the timing happened to come after two really bad losses so rumors started swirling that it was about sather's job {the recent chaney situation etc. didnt help things}.

Right now because they are at least LOOKING at Jagr, money issues did need to be discussed. This isn't a 3 million dollar one year contract we are talking about here. This is a lot of money and a lot of uncertainty with the almost guranteed lockout coming. It was a meeting of the minds.

I wanted to wait till i found a little more though, because as of 24 hours ago this post would have you thinking sather was handing by a thread and that someone was already waiting to take the job and a contract just needed to be finalized.

Right now the team is looking for a trade and though jagr remains an option, I know they are also asking about Gonchar and Witt {not both together but their individual availability}. If i had to guess {which i'd prefer not to do}i'd say they are focusing on Witt with the loss of kasparitis. He's not too old {29 in february} and the rangers really want a pick guy who can play nasty out there.

But everything is all rumors and up in the air right now so i wouldnt put money on anything but i will say I will be SHOCKED if Sather gets dumped before the season is out or before a major slide. Now if they lose7 of their next 8, all gurantees are out the window.