View Single Post
Old
11-24-2013, 02:04 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
I'd say McDonagh is more comparable to Ryan Suter. I don't see why he couldn't put up 50 points with a very good offensive team. If we start finishing more chances, it'll likely become a reality.

He's really his own player, though. He's McDonagh. And he's incredible.
He's on pace for ~40 points on a below-average offensive team.

His 11-12 season reminded me of Lidstrom, in that McDonagh seemed to never make a mistake. (Not comparing the two, but seriously I could count on one hand the amount of mistakes he made through 82 games).

Right now he's an elite defensive-defenseman, world class skater, doesn't shy away from physicality at all, very intelligent; Offensively he's good...I thought he would be great on a #1 PP unit, and also he should improve a small bit offensively. I think his peak will be something similar to Suter now. A top two-way defender, who really shines on the defensive side of the puck, with moments of offensive IQ and skill.

There literally would be no better future partner for P.K. Subban on the planet. LIRL. Realistically, McDonagh will probably never put up enough points for a Norris, but he's the kind of player I think it should go to.

Honestly, I thought Staal and Del Zotto would be the ones to shine offensively this year. Staal is on pace for like 12 points which is incredibly disappointing, offensively speaking.

gomoz, pls.

Last edited by aufheben: 11-24-2013 at 02:15 AM.
aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote