View Single Post
11-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Join Date: Nov 2013
FYI, I've shared the small utility app that I've used for few years to handle some issues with using GameCenter (with Viaplay or not). I posted the information to NHL GameCenter thread (
) but I decided to share it here too, because I think some Swedes might find this useful too.
I've made a utility for GameCenter Live to fix some issues that I've had with it. I thought it might be useful for some others too, and I'm now sharing it (non-commercial, free). I've shared it on a couple of Finnish forums previously.
The features of this application are most useful for users living overseas who don't watch the games live, but some features are useful also for NA users.
The problems with GameCenter:
- If you don't watch the game live, seeing the progress bar may reveal whether the game ends on regulation or not. This is a problem especially with playoff games
- The feed contains often the results bar which is distracting and reveals results from other sports events
- If PC is connected to TV, you have to get up from sofa to skip the commercials and intermissions
- If you have to change DNS settings in order to use NHL GC, it's a bit inconvenient to do it every time using Windows control panel
- Use shortcut keys to skip forward (predefined skip lengths are 1 min, 2 mins (commercials), 5 mins, 18 mins (intermission). Skipping is done by automatically moving the progress indicator.
- Hide the Fox Sports bar which shows results from other games
- Access the main functionality of GCRobohand and GC itself using Web browser (over WLAN)
- Define DNS settings which are used by the system while the application is running
Main requirements and limitations:
- Microsoft Windows
- Supports specific display resolutions (2560x1440, 1920x1080, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x800)
More information about it can be found here:
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by morukara