View Single Post
Old
12-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
I live in Spokane and I've seen Grabner from day 1; he's been sensational ever since I first saw him in the pre-season scrimmages his rookie season. His stats that year cannot tell you how talented he is, because he had nagging injuries that year. Last year, we all know what he did after the prospects game, but even before that you could see it in him, he was just a standout. This season has been his best though, every game he's played in he's been the best player, with the exception of the 2 or 3 games before he sat out with his injury, but you could tell his leg was bothering him. He's also added a bit of a physical presence to his game, throwing open ice hits left and right, he was even the main reason for a line brawl early in the season after a massive hit on a Kamloops player.

I would take Grabby as a Jacket prospect any day of the week, I would certainly compare him alot to Martin Havlat.
Comparing him to Havlat is not that far off but the only thing I'd add to that is that only Grabner's offensive skill can be compared to Havlat. Many of us dont know but Havlat is also a very capable two-way forward, one of the most talented players out there. Grabner, at this moment is not very good on the defensive side. He needs work on that, and there is plenty of time for him to work because his offense is really good.
Tlusty has been compared by many to a Patrick Elias/Marion Hossa type talent. This is only what I've read, as I've only seen Tlusty on one occasion. All I know is that he's fast, flasy, and uses his stick efficiently on offense (stickhandling), and defense.