Thread: Team toughness
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2013, 08:34 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
The risk of injury to key players will be reduced, less dirty hits.

And we dont have to look like a bunch of sissys getting owned, like last night with Boyle and Dorsett.

But hey...where's that tough dude fans talk so much about, eh...Kreider?
Using his strength and toughness in ways that are useful in the modern game is where he is.

Fighting is dying. Call it good or bad, but it's reality. Useful fighting is almost dead. Players take liberties with the stars on "tough" teams just as often as "soft" teams. And with the way fighting works today, I can't imagine that anybody is honestly scared about the prospect. Someone challenges you, you refuse, or they drop them anyway and you turtle. If they keep going crazy on you, they're looking at a huge fine and/or suspension.

A lethal PP is exponentially more useful as a reaction to dirty hits, if not a deterrent. Someone takes liberties with your player, you get a long PP, get a couple goals, and the other team loses with the player that took the hit knowing damn well that his coach, and teammates, and fans realize that he just lost them a game. I'd be more scared of that as a marginal player (which those who make those hits often are) than I'd be of having to turtle away from a fight in the worst case scenario.