Thread: Team toughness
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2013, 11:25 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
Thornton said it, Ovechkin said it, this team is soft. Boston completely outmuscled us last year in the playoffs. There's a misconception around here where people think wanting toughness means you want goons. No, all we want are tough physical guys who can play and fight. I do agree, it's a team mentality but when your team is a bunch of ******* you can't all of a sudden make them tough. Why did the 2011-2012 Rangers do so well? Overall team toughness and a hard work ethic. This team now needs to stop bringing in the Pooalots and the Pyatts and start developing bottom 6 guys who play with a pulse. Boyle's fine on the fourth line, would I like him to play meaner yes but he's fine. Anyway I think that's all I was gonna say
Thornton said it about the 11-12 team that you're using as an example of a tough Rangers team.

OV's comment was about how soft a Rangers team was right before that team ended up eliminating his team from the playoffs.

Boston out everything'd the Rangers. They were a better team all around. Torts' strategy was exposed in that series worse than it had ever been before.

The team could and probably should be harder to play against, but those comments mean nothing and the Boston series had little to do with team toughness and everything to do with rigidly sticking to a failing game plan.